It occurred to me the other day that perhaps I’m not such a newbie anymore. I’m just entering my third season, and these are the telltale signs:
1. My workout swimsuits outnumber bikinis 4:1.
2. The lining is almost shot on all of them.
3. My swim caps from previous races are disintegrating.
4. Keeping my toenails short is more important than keeping them painted.
5. Most of my hand washables are now made of Lycra.
6. I’m not feeling as sentimental about those Brightroom race photos.
7. Or those race t-shirts.
8. Or those drawstring race bags.
9. I don’t need a decoder to understand triathlon podcasts, and those podcasters don’t seem that crazy after all.
10. Training takes priority over taking down my Christmas lights.