Here’s what I’m grateful for the past few days.
• Gayla, my training partner, finished her first half ironman distance race – Ironman California 70.3 in great shape. Yea!!
• Kate Major won the event. What a way to start the season!
• More and more Easter baskets arrived each day at Operation Easter Basket’s headquarters. (If you live in the area and would like to help put more baskets together with already donated items, stop by on Monday or Tuesday between 10 a.m. and 10 p.m.; It’s all hands on deck. See the post below for details.)
• Mountain bike ride in Bonelli Park with Sandy.
• An old-school cross-country workout inspired by my high-school coach; a trail run with hill repeats at Crystal Cove State Park.
• Followed by a foam roller Core Performance exercise program.
• TGIF swim with Stacey.
• The lane lines passed by my field of vision a tad faster this week.
• Big Gear Strength Spinerval workout.
• Scott Jurek, seven-time champion of The Western States 100-Mile Endurance Run, sets daily goals, not just race goals. “Maybe it is a technique goal, maybe a pace goal, maybe a goal of running faster at the end,” he says. [Runner’s World, May 07]
• The late Jack Kirk who completed the grueling 7.1-mile Dipsea Race on the trails of Mill Valley, California 67 consecutive times.