Six – The Training:
1. I started out the week with another open water swim on a Tuesday morning with Sharon Swimmer.
2. Another tempo run on the treadmill.
3. Another ride on the trainer.
4. My first crossfit class in ages and it showed. I was rusty and almost instantly sore. I followed it up with a treadmill run, which made it feel a lot like a brick workout. I may be on to something. It took a glass of wine to get through the foam rolling that night.
5. Since we had a big red tide, spanning most of our beaches, we substituted our open water swim with a hike. Yup, back to the exact spot where I met Sharon Swimmer last month.
6. Did a long run in the hilliest part of the neighborhood I could find. For some reason, going up felt better than going down.
Two – The Races:
1. I signed up for the XTERRA Crystal Cove Trail Run on December 11th. It will be a 15K. I know the trails well, so I know it might involve some walking. The picture up top shows what may be the easiest portion of the race.
2. I can’t stop thinking about Kona coming up – tomorrow. Can't wait to watch it all on www.ironmanlive.com.
Three – The Fun Stuff:
1. On the hike, we spotted this big guy’s tracks. Mind you, I don’t have a small foot. I’m an 8.5. He looks like a moonwalker. We had no particular route in mind, but ended following this mystery man’s tracks for almost three miles before turning back to the car just because they made us laugh.
2. We went to the Farmer’s Market at U.C. Irvine. I got a good haul ‘cause I’m on a mission to re-stock my freezer with healthy stuff I can just thaw out quickly.
3. Todd is sponsored by Team Spy this cyclocross season. Lots of good things happening for him on that front. I’m so excited for him!