I was pleased to have one of my best workout weeks to date.
• Enjoyed my longest road ride yet with a new friend. The girl talk made three hours of pedaling and 41+ miles fly by.
• Ran 8+ miles of trails with Kate and the OC Tri Club.
• Swam with Stacey one evening, a relaxing way to end the day.
• Swam with Sandy, a fantastic swimmer. I took advantage of this session by watching her swim from under water. She waved to me during her flip turns (show off ;-).
• Ran 7 miles to Dog Beach and back. Loved watching the dogs frolic on the beach.
• Rode the next day past Dog Beach again and then the pier.
• Ordered my new mountain bike!
• Watched two girls from the Cal swim team sharing iPod buds and boogie down together next to the edge of the pool.
• Watched the PAC-10 swim meet at the Belmont Pool — more fast, strong swimmers than I’ve ever seen in one place.
• Quote from Tour de France winner, Floyd Landis, “Training is never fun. It’s difficult. So, it’s better when you’ve got somebody who’s your friend.”
• Learned most competitive college swimmers train 6,000-10,000 yards per day. A girl from Stanford admitted, “I don’t even count. It would be too depressing!” (I’d be psyched if I could get my weekly yardage that high!)
Magazines left to read: 18
New ones: 4