Since last week was a recovery week from my half marathon, it gave me ample time to read. So, there were more reasons to feel stoked than sore — especially after Wednesday.
• Reading a quote from the Boston Marathon-themed movie St. Ralph, “If you’re not chasing after miracles, what’s the point?”
• And another from Real Simple, a Finnish proverb, “Happiness is a place between too little and too much.” (Worth remembering as we try to be smart about training.)
• Watching “Backstroke Guy” doing his daily late-morning workout. After this “71 and a 1/2” year-old man exits the pool, he does 50 push-ups. What a stud!
• Daydreaming about the places and races I could go to some day in this month’s Inside Triathlon.
• Reading about what an Ultraman entails: a 6.2-mile swim, 261-mile bike and 52.4-mile run over 3 days — and knowing someone who actually did it, TriDivas Founder and Coach Kelly.
• Learning more about pedaling technique on www.cruciblefitness.com/etips/PedalingTech.htm.
• Swimming 4 days for a total of 6,000 yards.
• Stretching, stretching, stretching and limping.
• Purchasing something that wasn’t wheat-free or gluten-free for a change, a box of Pepperidge Farm cookies.
• Going online to enter the Pepperidge Farm contest (www.artofthecookie.com) on a whim and winning another box of cookies (a guilty giggle).
• Enjoying a Sunday dinner with my sister’s family.
Magazines left to read: 20
New magazines left: 3