Ever since the marathon, my metabolism has had a mind of its own. I’ve been eating so much you’d think I was carrying a tapeworm or triplets. Food is always on the brain or in my mouth.
In the past week, I’ve forsaken the usual wheat-free, dairy-free items on my training table, like Cliff Bars, gluten-free oatmeal, and nuts, for far less virtuous things. I’ve happily consumed:
• Humungous, decadent breakfasts
• 7-layer chocolate cake
• Donuts chased down by a breakfast sandwich
• Tall dark, creamy ales (Boddington's)
• Red licorice
• Potato chips
• Brocolli & cheddar cheese-stuffed chicken
• Fried chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy
• Gluten-free cookies and regular cookies
• Pasta, regular ol’ pasta
• And the last of the chocolate soy ice cream
Since my favorite Red Sox rookie, Jacoby Ellsbury, stole a base on Saturday night, I could get a free taco at Taco Bell between 2:00 and 5:00 p.m. today. But believe it or not, this girl does have her limits.